1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
4 large portobello mushrooms, washed and stems removed
2 T olive oil
1 small eggplant, peeled and diced
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
2 plum tomatoes, diced
1 6oz jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Stir the balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder together in a small bowl until blended. Place the mushrooms into a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in the balsamic vinegar mixture, seal bag, and turn gently to coat mushrooms evenly with marinade. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place the olive oil into a skillet, and heat over medium-high heat. Stir in the eggplant and cook until eggplant turns golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade, shake off any excess, and discard marinade. Place mushrooms in prepared dish, top side down. Spoon the eggplant and spinach mixture evenly over the mushrooms. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Divide the tomatoes and artichoke hearts evenly between the mushrooms. Top each mushroom with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in preheated oven, and bake until the cheese melts, about 12 minutes. Serve hot.